Monday, June 26, 2006

Congratulations?!

So, I had to get up at 5:30 this a.m.

WHY, for the love of all that is good, would I DO something like that?

Because a supervisor at work asked me to drive one of the precious delinquents to their court hearing this morning, before my REAL shift of work. So, I get to drive to downtown Minneapolis in a ginormous van during rush-hour.

Once again....WHY would I do this?!

Because my employers recently deemed me worthy of receiving health insurance, I now feel beholden to them. This is PROBABLY the reason that I got health insurance. They're sneaky like that.

Counting time I've worked there during college too, I've done this job for 4 years, and I'm JUST getting full benefits NOW. And at that, my boss was doing me a favor.

My boss even said "Congratulations!! You have insurance!" when she told me.

Is the availability of healthcare something we should really earn "Congratulations" for? I think that sort of thing should be likened to "Good job breathing today, keep up the great work!"

Mostly I'm just cranky that because our country doesn't have socialized healthcare, I have to be awake so damn early.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Bullock said...

There's a 5:30 in the morning now?

</bart simpson>

June 28, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home