Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Every day is a new adventure.

Tonight, my friend Amanda and I spent four hours in an Olive Garden parking lot. Apparently, something went wrong with my car that goes wrong with VWs a LOT, but no one ever warned me about. It resulted in the car turning on, but not being able to shift out of "Park."

After a series of increasingly frustrating phone calls to my dealer (car, not crack), and a variety of roadside assistance numbers (none of which were too hot on the "assistance" part), we decided to leave the car there overnight and either figure out how to fix or tow it tomorrow. But that was only after FOUR fun-filled hours camping out at The O.G. I finally pulled a fuzzy blanket out of my trunk and we chilled on that for a while, watching hundreds of other cars that DIDN'T crap out on their owners, whiz by. No one took the parking space next to mine the entire time we were there. I think it's because they thought we were homeless people who would beg them for money.

The situation was only made funnier by the fact that between the two of us, we were wearing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt and an Air Supply t-shirt. "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul may or may not have been playing on my sound system. It was kind of like we were Marty McFly and Doc, and our magical Delorean busted down on our way Back to the Future, from 1990. Now we're stuck in 2006, and it kind of sucks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so totally sympathize with you. I hope your VW dealer is decent--mine was NOT. If you can find someone independent and honest who works on imports, you might be better off. In the meantime, fingers crossed for you to be back on the road again soon!

Chuck

June 14, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I did some research and think I figured out how to fix the problem w/out the dealer. I've heard a LOT of horror stories about VW dealer repair ripoffs.

June 14, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger roxtar said...

Air Supply? Do you need an emergency t-shirt airlift? We can have the choppers airborne within hours.....

June 14, 2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

We're both kind of fans of the ironic t-shirt genre...it's probably a good thing we BOTH didn't wear our Ninja Turtles t-shirs...or we'd have looked silly.

June 14, 2006 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home